Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) is responsible for oversight of the Department's sexual assault policy. SAPRO works hand-in-hand with the Services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
- FY14 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military: The Department issued its congressionally mandated Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military on May 1, 2015. Find the FY14 Annual Report here.
- Secretary of Defense Memorandum on FY14 Annual Report: The Secretary of Defense issued a memorandum on May 1, 2015, directing the implementation of several essential measures that address the findings and recommendations in the DoD's Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military. Find the memorandum here.
- FY14 Annual Report Press Announcements: The issuance of the Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military was reported by DoD. Read related news items here, and view a video news report here.
- Exceptional SARC Award Winners Announced: Six Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) – one in each of the military Services and U.S. Coast Guard – were recognized for their exceptional performance in preventing sexual assault and for serving the needs of victims. Find the DoD News story here, and read more about the annual Exceptional SARC recognition here.
- SAPR Source: Read DoD SAPRO's latest edition of the newsletter here.