Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) is responsible for oversight of the Department's sexual assault policy. SAPRO works hand-in-hand with the Services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
- DCoE Webinar Series: The Defense Centers of Excellence (DCoE) for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury hosts regular webinars for the DoD Community. On October 23, 2014, from 1:00 to 2:30pm ET, the webinar topic will be: "Psychological Health Issues Affecting Women Service Members and Veterans." Awareness of women's health issues are key factors in maintaining current military operational readiness. This presentation will describe relevant research findings and clinical guidelines to inform best practices for meeting this population's unique needs. Learn more about the webinar and register here.
- D-SAACP Application Deadline Approaching: The latest quarterly D-SAACP application deadline is October 31, 2014. Submissions for first-time and renewal applications will be reviewed by the D-SAACP Review Committee for end of Q1FY15 approval. Find information on how to submit your application here.
- DoD SAPR Policy Update: The Sexual Assault Incident Response Oversight (SAIRO) Report Directive-Type Memorandum (DTM 14-007) has been issued. It includes policy to ensure timely actions are taken regarding an unrestricted report of sexual assault, and to protect a victim’s privacy within that report. Find the SAIRO DTM document here.
- October 2014 SAPR Prevention Webinar: DoD announces a SAPR Prevention Webinar on October 22, 2014 - 1400 to 1530 ET. "Our Prevention Community of Practice: DoD SAPR Connect" is the topic, presented by Josephine Montoya, DoD SAPRO Prevention Outreach Manager and Ashley Maier, MSW, MPA, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA). Find more information and register here.
- SAPRO Speech at NCVC, Sept. 17, 2014: DoD SAPRO Director, Jeffrey J. Snow, Major General, U.S. Army, recently spoke at the National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC) National Training Institute. Read the speech here.
- SAPR Source: Read DoD SAPRO's latest edition of the newsletter here.
- SAPRO Briefing at PCAR, August 20, 2014: DoD SAPRO Deputy Director, Litonya Wilson, Colonel, U.S. Army, and Prevention Team Lead, Dr. Suzanne Holroyd, presented a briefing at the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) National Sexual Assault Conference. Find the briefing here.