Promoting Excellence in Prevention Award
To support the Services in their prevention efforts, the DoD uses the Promoting Excellence in Prevention Award to recognize a group or an individual (military or civilian) from each Military Service/component who contributed or developed an idea, concept, methodology, or approach to positively impact the sexual assault prevention efforts on an installation, deployed environment, or in a reserve component. This award recognizes individuals or groups whose work has been particularly noteworthy and demonstrates outstanding service in support of Service members. Policies, programs, or practices at any level of the organization are eligible activities.
Award recipients and their contributions are published each year to facilitate the sharing of information and enhance opportunities to further SAPRO’s mission to promote military readiness by eliminating sexual assault and ensuring excellence in prevention efforts.
The 2023 Promoting Excellence in Prevention Winners are:
- Army: Ms. Elizabeth Campbell, Ms. Jessica Green, Ms. Elsa Jansen, Ms. Christine Paul, SFC Sara Diehl and SSG Marcus Palmeri, Vicenza Military Community, Italy
- Marine Corps: Ms. Carissa Tourtelot, MCB Camp Pendleton, CA
- Navy: Ms. Tina Vaughn-Wardle and Ms. Lauren Portal, NAS Pensacola, FL
- Air Force: Mrs. Scottie Hampton, Ms. DeAndrea Haynes, Mrs. Pamela Adams, Dr. Lindsey Henderson, Mrs. Nicole Nixon, and 1st Lt Zackary Rausch, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
- Space Force: Mrs. Emily Dreiling, Mrs. Jennifer Vasquez, Ms. Pauline Chui and Mrs. Carly Martinez, Space Launch Delta 30, Vandenberg, CA
- National Guard: SFC Kortney Hornberger, Pennsylvania National Guard, Fort Indiantown Gap, PA