Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) is responsible for oversight of the Department's sexual assault policy. SAPRO works hand-in-hand with the Services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
- D-SAACP Application Deadline Approaching: The latest quarterly DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program application deadline is Oct. 31, 2015. Submissions for first-time and renewal applications will be reviewed by the D-SAACP Review Committee for end of Q1 FY16 approval. Learn how to submit your application here.
- Updated SAPR DoD Instruction 6495.02 Published: The updated DoD Instruction 6495.02 has been published. The updates implement requirements outlined in the NDAAs, initiatives directed by the Secretary of Defense, formal recommendations from the Response Systems to Adult Sexual Assault Crimes Panel (RSP), and new substantive changes to address areas of need. The updated DoD Instruction 6495.02 is viewable here, and an Info Paper can be found here.
- SAPR.mil Expands D-SAACP Continuing Education Information: Expanded online continuing education opportunities that meet Victim Advocacy Ethics or Advocacy / Prevention requirements to maintain D-SAACP certification can be found on the D-SAACP Information page, here.
- SAPR Policy Toolkit Updated:The National Protocol for Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Examinations has been added to the SAPR Policy Toolkit, found here.
- Victim Assistance Section Expansion: Guidance for those seeking sexual assault assistance for themselves, for a friend or colleague, or for someone they supervise can now be found here.
- Need Sexual Assault Survivor Assistance?: Whether your status is Active Duty, Reserve Component, Transitioning, Veteran, DoD Civilian, adult DoD Dependent, or DoD Contractor, as a sexual assault survivor or someone who assists survivors, you can find useful information and resources here.