Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) is responsible for oversight of the Department's sexual assault policy. SAPRO works hand-in-hand with the Services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
- DoD Recognizes Sexual Assault Prevention Innovation: Coinciding with National Crime Prevention Month (October), DoD SAPRO and each of the military Services selected honorees among those nominated for contributions that provided a positive impact on a Sexual Assault prevention program. The first Sexual Assault Prevention Innovation Award recognizes individuals and groups whose work has been particularly noteworthy and demonstrates outstanding service in support of Service members. Read the Defense Media Activity news article here.
- D-SAACP Application Deadline Approaching: The latest quarterly D-SAACP application deadline is October 31, 2014. Submissions for first-time and renewal applications will be reviewed by the D-SAACP Review Committee for end of Q1FY15 approval. Find information on how to submit your application here.
- DoD SAPR Policy Update: The Sexual Assault Incident Response Oversight (SAIRO) Report Directive-Type Memorandum (DTM 14-007) has been issued. It includes policy to ensure timely actions are taken regarding an unrestricted report of sexual assault, and to protect a victim’s privacy within that report. Find the SAIRO DTM document here.
- SAPRO Speech at NCVC, Sept. 17, 2014: DoD SAPRO Director, Jeffrey J. Snow, Major General, U.S. Army, recently spoke at the National Center for Victims of Crime (NCVC) National Training Institute. Read the speech here.
- SAPR Source: Read DoD SAPRO's latest edition of the newsletter here.