Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO) is responsible for oversight of the Department's sexual assault policy. SAPRO works hand-in-hand with the Services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
- SAPR Source: Read DoD SAPRO's latest edition of the newsletter here.
- Latest DoD SAPR Strategic Plan Published: Find the 2015 DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Strategic Plan here.
- Retaliation Overview: SAPRO Director, Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Snow, U.S. Army, briefed DoD’s sexual assault prevention and response efforts, including the issue of retaliation, at the April 10, 2015 Judicial Proceedings Panel Public Meeting. For an overview of retaliation data, and SAPR-related Policy and Initiatives, click here.
- Secretary of Defense SAAPM Message: Secretary of Defense Dr. Ashton Carter, releases SAAPM statement. Find it here.
- D-SAACP DTM Extended: The DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program (D-SAACP) ensures the professionalism of Department Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) and SAPR Victim Advocates (VAs) across the Services and has been extended through July 2015, as reflected in the updated Directive Type Memo (DTM) 14-001. Find it here.
- D-SAACP Forms Updated: DD Forms 2950 and 2950-1 for DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program (D-SAACP) applications have been updated. Department Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARCs) and SAPR Victim Advocates (VAs) can find information about the updated forms here.
- DoD SAPR Fact Sheet: For a summary of recent SAPRO activity and information, including current provisional statistical data, resources to empower victim recovery, legislative and policy reform, and statistical data from prevalence surveys, read the DoD SAPR Fact Sheet here.
- D-SAACP Application Deadline Approaching: The latest quarterly D-SAACP application deadline is April 30, 2015. Submissions for first-time and renewal applications will be reviewed by the D-SAACP Review Committee for end of Q3 FY15 approval. SARCs and SAPR VAs whose certifications expire in May or July of this year must submit their renewal application by the April 30, 2015 deadline to maintain certification. Learn how to submit your application here.